Saturday, April 7, 2012

Istanbul One

Thanks to a classic combination of busyness and laziness, I tend to ignore my blog. I usually remember that I even have a blog whenever I’m travelling. I guess that makes me a hit-and-miss blogger. Though I’d like to get more regular at it, the fact that I’m slack doesn’t keep me awake at night.

Not yet anyway. As I continue to swirl deeper and thicker into writing, I am sure I’ll feel the tug of blogging more responsibly.


For now, though, my mom and I are in Istanbul, Turkey for a week’s holiday, and so I remembered the blog and decided to post at the end of each day a little postcard to our loved ones. Today was our first day, and we spent it wandering around Beyoglu and area. We walked along the water, drank a Turkish coffee, had a beer across from Galata Tower overlooking the city, strolled up the Istiklal shopping street and had a mezes dinner.





Our approximate route:

View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. Happy Good Friday ladies. Wow, even the china is beautiful. That new Canon gets wonderful clarity Jen. If you think of it, please bring me a rock home for my collection Sue. Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete